Department of Chemical Engineering
Magnetic Resoance Research Centre,
c/o Cavendish Stores,
JJ Thompson Avenue,
Tel.: +44 (0) 1223 766339
Terahertz for pharmaceutical tablets coating analysis
Terahertz near-field imaging and technologies
X-ray Micro Computed Tomography Imaging
1. B. S. Y. Ung, J. Li, H. Lin, B. M. Fischer, W. Withayachumnankul, and D. Abbott, “Dual-mode terahertz time-domain spectroscopy system,” IEEE Transactions on Terahertz Science & Technology 3(2), pp. 216-220, 2013.
2. C. Fumeaux, H. Lin, K. Serita, W. Withayachumnankul, T. Kaufmann, M. Tonouchi, and D. Abbott, “Distributed source model for the full-wave electromagnetic simulation of nonlinear terahertz generation,” Opt. Express 20(16), 18397-18414, 2012.
3. B. S. Y. Ung, C. Fumeaux, H. Lin, B. M. Fischer, B. W. H. Ng, and D. Abbott, “A low-cost ultra-thin polymer broadband terahertz beam-splitter,” Opt. Express 20(5), pp. 4968-4978, 2012.
4. W. Withayachumnankul, H. Lin, K. Serita, C. M. Shah, S. Sriram, M. Bhaskaran, M. Tonouchi, C. Fumeaux, and D. Abbott, “Sub-diffraction thin-film sensing with planar terahertz metamaterials,” Opt. Express 20(3), pp. 3345-3352, 2012.
5. I. E. Khodasevych, C. M. Shah, S. Sriram, M. Bhaskaran, W. Withayachumnankul, B. S. Y. Ung, H. Lin, W. S. T. Rowe, D. Abbott, and A. Mitchell, “Elastomeric silicone substrates for terahertz fishnet metamaterials,” Apply. Phys. Lett. 100, pp. 061101, 2012. This paper is featured on the front cover of the issue.
6. H. Lin, C. Fumeaux, B. S. Y. Ung, and D. Abbott, "Comprehensive modeling of THz microscope with a sub-wavelength source," Opt. Express, 19(6), pp 5327-5338, 2011. This paper is selected for publication in Virtual Journal for Biomedical Optics, 6(4), 2011.
7. H. Lin, C. Fumeaux, B. M. Fischer, and D. Abbott, “Modelling of sub-wavelength THz sources as Gaussian apertures,” Opt. Express, 18(17), pp. 17672–17683, 2010.
8. W. Withayachumnankul, B. M. Fischer, H. Lin, S. P. Mickan, and D. Abbott, "Uncertainty in terahertz time-domain spectroscopy measurement," Journal of the Optical Society of America B: Optical Physics, 25(6), pp. 1059-1072, 2008.
9. W. Withayachumnankul, G. Png, X.X. Yin, S. Atakaramians, H. Lin, I. Jones, J. Balakrishnan, B. S. Y. Ung, B. Ferguson, S.P. Mickan, B.M. Fischer, and D. Abbott, “T-ray sensing and imaging,” Proceedings of the IEEE Special Issue on: T-ray Biosensing and Security, 95(8), 2007, pp. 1528-1558. (Invited)
10. H. Lin, L.X. Kong, and H-Y. Hsu “Design and degradation modelling through artificial neural networks,” International Journal of Manufacturing Research, 2(1), 2007, pp. 97–113.
For a complete list, please find it at
Awards & Prizes
2011 IEEE Photonics Society Graduate Student Fellowship
2010 Prime Minister's Australia Asia Awards
2010 DR Stranks Postgraduate Travelling Fellowship
2010 Barbara Crase Bursary from the Australian Federation of University Women
2009 Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarship in Technology & Communication and Science & Engineering – Reserved candidate
2009 IEEE South Australia Section Travel Assistance Fund
2009 The University of Adelaide Research Abroad Scholarship
2008 Fujitsu Siemens Computers Innovation Bonus
Journal Reviewer: Optics Express, IEEE Photonics, International Journal of Infrared and Mil limeter waves.
IEEE, SPIE, Australian Nanotechnology Network